Education » Years 4-8
Years 4 - 8:
Working in a goldmine:
A Historical Perspective
The programme is estimated to take 45 minutes to an hour, depending on the age group, and the expected content coverage.
- Students will understand the relationships that exist between people and the environment.
- Students will learn about past events, experiences, and actions and the changing ways in which these have been interpreted over time.
Technology: Nature of technology
- Students will critique and evaluate the impact of technology on communities and the environment, and will explore how developments and outcomes are valued by different peoples in different times.
- Students will explore , describe… everyday examples of physical phenomenon , such as energy before electricity, forces and motion.
Key social inquiry focuses and links
- How did it all begin?
- What was life like for the miners at that period of time?
- What was it like working in a mine?
- What tools helped the miners in their work?
- How did the technology change over the period of time?
- What changes did they make when faced with environmental issues?
- What energy sources were available and how did these change over the period of time?