Education » Years 1-4
The Early Years in Waihi
The programme is estimated to take 30 minutes to 45 minutes depending on the age group, and the expected content coverage.
- Students will understand how time and change affect people’s lives
- Students will understand how place influence people and how people influence places
Technology: Nature of technology
- Students will understand that technology both reflects and changes society and the environment.
- Students will describe how natural features are changed and resources effected by natural events and human activities
Key social inquiry focuses and links: Making comparisons
- What was it like at the beginning of the gold mining period in Waihi?
- What was life like for the miners at that period of time?
- What was it like working in a mine?
- What tools helped the miners in their work?
- How has this impacted on people’s living in Waihi today?